- Whisk together lemon juice, zest, sugar, basil leaves and eggs in medium sized, heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, whisking continuously.
- Slowly add diced butter.
- Cook until curd is thickened to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain through fine mesh strainer to removed basil leaves and any cooked egg pieces.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap.
- Cool refrigerated until well chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Assemble trifles by alternating lemon curd, whipped cream and cookie crumbs.
- Using a piping bag typically helps keep the layers clean.
- Garnish with small basil sprigs as the last layer.
From K-12 and healthcare to hospitality and convenience, we’re here to help solve challenges in virtually any segment.
WIth advanced technologies, processes and facilities, plus game-changing research and resources, our capabilities exist to benefit the diverse audiences we serve.