Bangers and Mashed Meatball Bowl
Introducing a student-friendly version of the British “Bangers and Mash” – our low sodium mashed potatoes, topped with meatballs and onion gravy. Serve traditionally with peas or your favorite vegetable.
- Reheat mashed potatoes using either boiling water in stock pot or steamer method.
- Bake off premade meatballs in oven.
- When heated through, transfer cooking liquid, fat, juice from meatballs into sauté pan.
- Reduce liquid by half or until dark brown.
- Add sliced onions and cook until soft and golden brown.
- Whisk in flour until thicken paste forms.
- Add additional low sodium beef stock, stirring as you add it to prevent lumps.
- Add Worcester sauce and black pepper.
- Cook until thickens to desired texture is achieved.
- To serve, portion out heated mashed potatoes and top with hot meatballs and a ladle of onion gravy.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or chives. Note: Traditionally served with peas.
- Approx. 3/8 C starchy vegetables credit using Simply Potatoes® Low Sodium Mashed Potato.
- Consult manufacturer/supplier for exact grain and vegetable credit
From K-12 and healthcare to hospitality and convenience, we’re here to help solve challenges in virtually any segment.
WIth advanced technologies, processes and facilities, plus game-changing research and resources, our capabilities exist to benefit the diverse audiences we serve.