Vegetarian Egg Marsala
A great vegetarian option featuring an egg patty topped with hearty mushrooms and Marsala sauce.
- Heat medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbs. butter and mushrooms. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add Marsala. Boil until volume is reduced to ¹1/3.
- Add vegetable stock. Bring to simmer. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add cream to sauce. Bring to simmer. Cook until sauce coats back of spoon.
- Turn off heat. Add remaining 1 Tbs. butter. Swirl to combine.
- To prepare 1 serving, top 1 heated egg patty with 1/4 of the sauce.
Salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parsley.
For kitchens with limited equipment, prepare egg patty in the microwave and use a premade Marsala sauce
Daypart suggestion: lunch or dinner