Thai Spring Rolls
Fresh spring rolls filled with hard cooked eggs, spinach, rice noodles, carrots, cabbage and bean sprouts
- In medium bowl, combine spinach, basil and mint. Reserve.
- In small bowl, combine rice wine vinegar and sugar. Whisk until combined.
- Gradually whisk vegetable oil into vinegar mixture until well blended.
- Fill 4-qt. pot with water. Boil over high heat. Add rice noodles. Boil noodles 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat and drain noodles. Quickly plunge noodles into ice water. Drain.
- Add canola oil and sweet chili sauce to cooled noodles. Gently toss to coat noodles. Reserve.
- Dress spinach mixture with prepared rice wine vinaigrette.
- To assemble, rehydrate rice paper wrapper and lay flat on work surface.
- Place spinach in center of wrapper. Top with shredded carrots, napa cabbage, bean sprouts and hard cooked eggs.
- Add dressed rice noodles and cilantro.
- Tuck sides of wrapper tightly over filling and roll forward to close. Serve immediately.
- For sauce options, consider peanut sauce, chili sauce or traditional Thai dipping sauce