Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Puffs
A crisp outside leads to a velvety mixture of mashed sweet potato and tangy goat cheese in the center.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350° F.
- In medium bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes, goat cheese, flour, 1⁄2 tsp. rosemary, 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Cover. Refrigerate 20-25 minutes. Potato mixture will be soft. The colder it is, the more firm it will be. Work with cold potatoes.
- Using small melon scoop (about 11⁄2 tsp.), scoop potato mixture into 40-48 balls. Place balls on sheet trays. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- In another medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, remaining 1⁄2 tsp. rosemary
- and remaining 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix.
- Prepare about 5 puffs at a time. Drop balls into egg. Coat potato balls completely.
- Move balls to bread crumbs. Roll them until fully covered.
- Place coated potato balls in hot deep fryer. Cook about 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown and hot in center.
- Remove puffs from fryer and drain. Serve immediately.
- Serve as an appetizer or signature side.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® mashed variety with this recipe.