Spinach Matzo Ball Soup
A classic savory and filling matzo ball soup.
- In medium bowl, whisk whole eggs and egg whites with oil.
- In blender, purée spinach. Drain off excess water.
- Whisk puréed spinach into bowl with eggs and oil.
- Sprinkle matzo ball mix over spinach and egg mixture. Stir with fork; don’t over-mix.
- Place mixture in freezer to chill for 20 minutes.
- Place chicken stock or soup in large stockpot. Bring to boil.
- Make matzo balls: Remove mixture from freezer. Wet your hands in bowl of cold water. Using your hands, scoop out golf-ball sized portion. Gently form into ball, without applying too much pressure. Form remaining mixture into 5 more balls. Reserve.
- Bring boiling soup down to simmer.
- Drop matzo balls into soup. Cover pot, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Spoon 2 cups of soup and 3 matzo balls into bowl. Serve hot.
- For an even healthier option, replace Papetti's® Easy Eggs® Liquid Whole Eggs #91200 with Papetti's® Better 'N Eggs® Original Refrigerated Eggs #89241
- Daypart suggestion: lunch through dinner