Snickerdoodle with Cinnamon Ice Cream Sandwich
Creamy cinnamon ice cream sandwiched between two sinckerdoodle cookies.
- In large saucepan, combine milk, cream, half vanilla bean and 5 Tbs. sugar.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine liquid eggs with remaining 5 Tbs. sugar. Whisk until thick and opaque (ribbon stage).
- Add hot milk into eggs 2 oz. at a time. Stir well after each addition.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan. Add cinnamon and bring to simmer over low heat.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Strain milk mixture through fine chinois. Chill immediately in refrigerator.
- Place chilled ice cream mixture in ice cream machine. Process 8-10 minutes, or until thick and resembling consistency of soft serve.
- Transfer to bowl or pan. Cover. Place in freezer until frozen.
- Assemble sandwich: Scoop 2 oz. of ice cream onto bottom cookie. Top with another cookie.
- Daypart suggestion: dessert or snack