Potato Za'atar Focaccia
This interesting take gets a delicious boost from Za'atar spice. Serve this bread alongside soup or salad.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar, yeast and water (105-115° F); gently stir. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes until the yeast activates and starts to lightly foam.
- Add salt and ¼ cup of the olive oil, then gradually add in flour until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough in the mixer on low-medium until smooth, about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. Add the Simply Potatoes Red Skin Diced and hand-knead to combine (1-2 minutes).
- Transfer dough to a medium oiled-bowl, coat top with olive oil and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm location, and let rise until the dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Punch down the dough, then transfer to a ½ oiled half-sheet tray. Spread the dough into a smooth layer, cover with plastic wrap, and proof until the dough has doubled in size, about 15 minutes.
- Spread the dough to cover the bottom of the sheet tray, sprinkle with za’atar spice, and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Allow to chill, then slice into 12 equal pieces.
- Serve as a hearty, unique side for soups and salads.
- Pair with exotic dipping sauces for increased appeal.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® diced variety with this recipe.