Potato & Black Bean Mini-Burgers
Offer a burger option built for vegetarians but loved by all.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place quick-cooking oats in food processor. Grind to fine consistency. Reserve in small bowl.
- In food processor, combine 1 oz. hash browns, 1 oz. black beans, caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Grind to chunky paste.
- Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl.
- Fold in quick-cooking oats, remaining 1 oz. hash browns, remaining 2 oz. black beans and the eggs. Let mixture rest at least 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide mixture and form into 4 round patties.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add patties to pan. Sear patties about 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer patties to parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in hot oven. Bake patties 8-10 minutes, or until they are firm and cooked through. Remove from oven.
- To serve, place 1 burger in mini-burger bun. Garnish as desired.
- Create sandwich build of choice using a variety of toppings and bread carriers.
- Great as a sharable appetizer or late night snack.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® shred variety in this recipe.