Mock Fried Chicken Wings - Kentucky Style
A spicy, un-fried twist on traditional chicken wings with hints of thyme and rosemary
- In medium bowl, combine egg whites, salt and baking soda. Whisk until blended.
- In separate bowl, combine sage, onion powder, savory, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder and cayenne. Set aside.
- Dip chicken wings into egg white mixture to thoroughly coat.
- Place chicken wings on greased wire rack positioned on a sheet pan.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over wings to coat. Refrigerate overnight, uncovered.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove wings from refrigerator.
- Place pan in hot oven. Bake 10 minutes, then turn. Cook another 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from oven.
- Garnish with a couple dashes of hot sauce and serve immediately.
- Toss chicken wings in hot sauce after baking