Mini Egg and Eggplant Lasagna
A personal size of the classic Italian dish. A mini lasagna stuffed with egg, eggplant, and 3 types of cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt. Place on wire rack to drain. Let sit 1 hour.
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté eggplant 1 minute on each side, or until slightly softened. Slice in half and reserve.
- Cut cooked lasagna noodle in half crosswise.
- In bottom of 5.5" x 3" x 2.5" mini loaf pan, place one noodle half.
- Spread 1 Tbs. ricotta cheese on noodle. Top with 1 Tbs. marinara sauce. Sprinkle 1 Tbs. of mozzarella cheese over marinara.
- Unfold heated egg patty. Place on mozzarella cheese.
- Spread 1 Tbs. ricotta cheese on egg. Spread 1 Tbs. marinara sauce on ricotta.
- Place both halves of eggplant on marinara sauce.
- Spread 1 Tbs. ricotta cheese over eggplant. Spread 1 Tbs. marinara sauce on ricotta. Sprinkle 1 Tbs. mozzarella cheese on marinara sauce.
- Place second noodle half over marinara sauce.
- Spread 1 Tbs. ricotta cheese on noodle. Spread 1 Tbs. marinara sauce over ricotta. Sprinkle 1 Tbs. mozzarella cheese on marinara. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Place pan in hot oven. Bake 20 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Serve immediately.
- For a meat version, include cooked Italian sausage crumbles in each layer
- Daypart suggestion: lunch through dinner