Mexican Scotch Egg
A hearty, high flavor and easy to prepare snack.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350°F.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine sausage with 1/8 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp. paprika, and 1 tsp. chili powder. Mix to fully incorporate.
- Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions. Wrap 1 portion around each hard-cooked egg to fully encase. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine flour with remaining 1/8 tsp. cumin, 1/4 tsp. paprika and 1/4 tsp. chili powder.
- In second bowl, combine liquid scrambled eggs and water. Mix to thoroughly combine.
- In third bowl, combine crushed tortilla chips with 1 Tbs. spiced flour mixture.
- Dredge each sausage-encased egg in flour, then egg wash, then crushed tortilla chips.
- Immediately place eggs in hot deep fryer. Cook 4-6 minutes, or until breading is golden and egg is heated to minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve immediately.
Serve with salsa, chipotle mayonnaise or queso cheese sauce
Daypart suggestion: appetizer through late night snack