Lumpia Potato Spring Rolls
Try these Filipino-style rolls with crispy hash browns, pork, cabbage and banana ketchup.
- In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add ¼ cup of the oil and the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. Season with salt and pepper and cook until crispy and golden brown on the bottom, about 6-8 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown bottom, about another 6-8 minutes. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan over medium-high heat, add the sausage and sauté until fully cooked, stirring often, about 6-8 minutes. Drain any excess fat and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked hash browns, cooked pork sausage, cabbage, and carrot; mix well.
- Brush the spring roll wrappers with egg wash. Place 1 ½ oz of filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold the sides of the wrapper towards the center and wrap the opposite ends to form an egg roll shape.
- In a 12” pan over medium heat, add the remaining ½ cup oil. Add the spring rolls and sear on all sides until crispy and golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a sheet tray lined with paper towels. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve 2 springs rolls per person, and garnish each with 2 Tbsp of banana ketchup.
- Feature as an inventive appetizer or all-day breakfast solution.
- Experiment with other unique ketchups and dipping sauces.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® shredded variety with this recipe.