Kansas City Omelet
Hearty omelet filled with barbecue beef, topped with crispy onions
- In small bowl, season flour with salt and pepper.
- Add onion slices to bowl. Coat thoroughly with seasoned flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Drop onions into 375º F deep fryer. Cook until crispy.
- Remove from fryer and drain. Reserve in 200º F oven until ready to serve.
- Add oil to omelet pan over medium heat. When hot, pour in eggs. Cook eggs, allowing uncooked eggs to flow toward edges, until just about set.
- Top omelet with cheese slices.
- Add hot barbecue beef on one half of omelet.
- Top beef with barbecue sauce.
- Fold omelet in half and cook until heated through.
- Slide omelet onto plate.
- Place warm onions on top of omelet and serve immediately.
- Use BBQ pork and pepper jack cheese for a zestier menu option
- Daypart suggestion: lunch through dinner