Irish Guinness® Beef Stew
A classic take on Irish stew spiked with Guinness® and hearty red potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, 1⁄2 tsp. salt and pepper. Dredge beef cubes in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over high heat. Add meat; sear on all sides.
- Remove meat from sauté pan. Transfer to half-pan or casserole dish.
- Add onions and carrots to sauté pan. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and garlic to sauté pan. Cook additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to casserole with meat.
- Deglaze sauté pan with beer and water. Bring to boil.
- Pour beer mixture over meat and vegetables in casserole. Cover.
- Place covered casserole in hot oven. Cook 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add potatoes and thyme sprig. Cover.
- Return to oven. Cook 40 minutes, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Remove from oven. Season with remaining 1⁄2 tsp. of salt.
- Serve hot.
- Perfect as a side dish in a cup or bowl-sized entreé.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® red skin diced variety with this recipe.