Hash Brown Bruschetta
Crispy Hash Brown pancakes serve as the bread for a traditional basil, tomato bruschetta.
- In medium bowl, place hash browns. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix.
- Divide hash browns into four equal portions. Flatten each into 1⁄4 -inch thick pancake.
- In medium nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Add hash brown cakes. Cook 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Reserve.
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, garlic oil and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Arrange hot potato cakes on plate. Top with tomato mixture and serve immediately.
- Serve as an appetizer or signature side.
- For additional flavor, drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® shred variety with this recipe.