Fried Egg Biscuit Sandwich - Southern
A southern style fried chicken breast topped with a home-style fried egg and cheese sandwiched between a hearty biscuit.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine honey and butter. Whisk to blend. Heat until butter melts. Season to taste with salt. Remove from heat.
- Place heated egg patty on bottom half of biscuit.
- Glaze heated chicken breast with honey butter. Layer over egg patty.
- Top with Cheddar cheese. Place on sheet pan.
- Place in hot oven. Heat until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Add biscuit top and serve immediately.
- For a spicier version, substitute pepper jack cheese for Cheddar cheese
- Serve with bean and corn salad