Fresh Lemon Cream
Sweet lemon cream for topping berries and cakes.
- In stainless steel bowl placed over saucepan of simmering water, whisk together eggs, sugar, and lemon juice until blended.
- Cook, stirring constantly to prevent curdling, until mixture thickens to a consistency like sour cream or hollandaise sauce and reaches a temperature of 160° F. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour through fine strainer to remove any lumps.
- Cut butter into small pieces and whisk into the mixture until the butter has melted.
- Add lemon zest and let cool. The lemon cream will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Cover immediately so skin doesn’t form on surface. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Serve over fresh berries or pound cake.
- Daypart suggestion: breakfast through dinner.