Chicken-Fried Crunch Potato Wedges
Dredge potato wedges in flour and deep fry for a unique side to any main entrée.
- Preheat deep fryer to 375° F.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine potato wedges, salt and pepper. Cook on High 2 minutes, or until slightly soft in center.
- In medium bowl, combine onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, flour and cornstarch. Blend well.
- In another medium bowl, combine baking soda and buttermilk. Mix until blended.
- In small bowl, combine ketchup and chipotle in adobo sauce. Stir and set aside.
- When potatoes are slightly soft, dredge in flour mixture, 5-6 at a time.
- Dip floured potatoes in buttermilk mixture.
- Dredge again in flour mixture. Shake off any additional flour. Set aside on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Place potatoes in hot deep fryer. Cook 2-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from fryer and drain.
- Serve hot with chipotle ketchup sauce for dipping.
- Great with a variety of dipping sauces.
- Serve as an appetizer or signature side.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® red skin wedge variety with this recipe.