Cheesy Grits with Crispy Pancetta
Classic, hearty grits with cheese and a pancetta topping.
- Heat sauté pan over medium to high heat. Add pancetta and fry until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside on paper towels. Once cool, break into pieces.
- In medium saucepan, combine water and salt. Bring to heavy boil over high heat.
- Stir in grits with whisk. Reduce heat to medium. Stirring constantly, cook about 10 minutes, or until all water is absorbed.
- Stir in butter 1 Tbs. at a time.
- Stir in eggs quickly. Blend thoroughly, before eggs are fully cooked, about 1 ½-2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and garlic.
- Add cayenne pepper to taste.
- To serve, spoon 1 cup of hot grits into bowl. Top with 0.50 oz. pancetta.