Cheese & Green Onion Baked Grits with Poached Eggs
This cheese and green onion baked grits with poached egg quantity recipe for food-service upscales a traditional breakfast combination with Gruyére and poached eggs.
- In a pot, heat the water and butter to a simmer. Add the grits and stir to avoid lumps. Cook approximately 10-15 minutes depending on the grain size.
- Fold in the gruyére cheese and green onions. Place grits in a hotel pan and bake for 10 minutes or until set.
- In a poaching pan or roasting pan, combine the water and vinegar and bring to a simmer. Crack the eggs separately into a cup, and slide them into the simmering liquid. Poach for 3-5 minutes; then remove with a skimmer.
- For pesto dressing combine all ingredients until emulsified. Season to taste.
- Cut squares or triangles from grits and place on plate, approximately 3 × 3. Add a poached egg and garnish with pesto dressing.
Serve with roasted new potatoes and turkey sausage links.