Carnitas Egg Panini
An on-trend, high protein sandwich featuring scrambled eggs, carnitas and pickled red onions.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with 2 tsp. olive oil.
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add eggs. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until eggs are almost cooked.
- Top eggs with cheese. Cook 1 minute.
- In small bowl, mix chipotle peppers and mayonnaise for aioli. Set aside.
- Assemble sandwich: Place carnitas on bottom bread slice.
- Top with eggs and pickled onions.
- Spread chipotle aioli on top piece of bread. Place top bread on sandwich.
- Heat panini press. Coat with cooking spray.
- Place sandwich in panini press. Cook 2 minutes, or until hot.
Serve with black bean salad
Add more adobo sauce for a smokier and hotter aioli
Daypart suggestion: lunch through dinner