Savory bruschetta with hard cooked diced eggs.
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Dice eggs and combine with tomatoes, garlic, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar in bowl and mix. Add chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Slice the baguette diagonally into slices about ½" thick. Coat one side of each slice with olive oil using pastry brush.
- Place on baking sheet, olive oil side down. Toast for 5-6 minutes, until bread just begins to turn golden brown.
- Place topping on toasted bread slices and serve.
- Serve with cottage cheese or Italian-style salad.
- Daypart suggestion: appetizer, or for lunch or dinner.