Light and fluffy bread with a buttery egg flavor.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast. With paddle attachment at medium-low speed, mix 1 minute.
- In separate bowl, combine 1 1/3 cups whole eggs with milk. Mix well.
- Continue mixing on medium-low speed. Add egg/milk mixture in steady stream.
- Once dough starts to come together, switch from paddle to hook attachment.
- Mix additional 4 minutes at medium speed.
- Slowly add butter, 1 Tbs. at a time, to dough as it is mixing. After all butter is incorporated into dough, continue to mix for 4 more minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl onto clean, floured surface. Knead dough until it forms a ball.
- Place dough into clean bowl. Cover with plastic. Let rise at room temperature for 1 hour. The dough should double in size.
- After dough has risen once, repeat steps 8 and 9.
- After dough has risen a second time, remove from bowl onto floured surface. Knead into ball.
- Portion dough into 16 pieces of 2.50 oz. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Place each dough ball into greased or lined baking mold. Cover loosely with plastic. Let rise again for 1 hour.
- Prepare Egg Wash: in small bowl, combine 2/3 cup whole eggs with egg yolks. Mix well.
- Brush tops of dough with egg wash.
- Bake 16 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Internal temperature should be 190° F.
- Serve immediately.