Berbere Fried Potatoes
Bring authentic African flavor to your guests with this spicy, savory and sweet side option.
- In a 12” pan over medium-high heat, add the oil and sauté the carrots until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Add Simply Potatoes Southern Style Diced Potatoes and cook until tender and lightly brown, another 8-12 minutes. Add the garlic and berbere seasoning and cook until fragrant, another 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the mint yogurt, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Serve each 4 oz portion with 2 Tbsp of mint yogurt.
- Ramp up the heat by adding more chili pepper to the Berbere blend.
- Serve in individual ramekins for greater presentation flair.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® diced variety with this recipe.