A twist on this classic Italian dish featuring egg, tomato and basil, topped with Alfredo sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray shallow baking pan with non-stick spray and add egg.
- Bake until firm, about 15 minutes in a 9x9 pan.
- Allow the cooked eggs to cool and add the tomatoes, mozzarella, dried basil, oregano, garlic, and salt.
- Fill manicotti shells with custard mixture and place in baking dish.
- Cover with Alfredo and make 35-40 minutes until shells are tender.
- Garnish with additional tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Serve with Tuscan-style white bean salad and crusty bread.
- Daypart suggestion: lunch or dinner.