Bacon and Egg Parfait
A hearty breakfast parfait featuring scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes, breakfast sausage, and bacon.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a non-stick sauté pan or griddle, add the oil, hash browns, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. Reserve.
- In 8 heat-resistant bowls or skillets, layer each with 1/3 cup cooked hash browns, 1/3 cup heated scrambled eggs, 1/3 cup crumbled sausage, another 1/3 cup cooked hash browns, another 1/3 cup scrambled eggs, 8 tsp. cheese, and 4 tsp. bacon.
- Bake parfaits in oven until hot throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Allow dish to chill briefly before serving.
- Add sautéed, in-season veggies for a farmer’s market-style hash.
- Add south-of-the-border flair with black beans, Pico de Gallo and a dollop of sour cream.
- Meet growing demand for vegetarian options by swapping the sausage for a veggie option; top with sliced avocado rather than bacon.