White Cheddar Boxty Potatoes
Combine both hash browns and mashed potatoes with white cheddar cheese for a classic take on an Irish favorite.
- In large bowl, mix hash browns, mashed potatoes, cheese, water and butter.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper and baking soda.
- Mix dry ingredients into potato mixture. (Batter should be slightly thicker than pancake batter).
- Heat sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add oil to coat pan.
- With 2oz. portion scoop, spoon potato batter into pan. Flatten.
- Cook 3 minutes or until browned. Flip and cook second side about 3 minutes, until browned.
- Arrange two cakes on serving plate. Serve hot.
- For another option, substitute any cheese of your choice.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® mashed variety with this recipe.