Truffled Potato Gratin
Adding white truffle oil gives this classic an upscale look and taste.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In small pan, combine cream, truffle oil and garlic. Bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, shallots and thyme. Sauté until softened. Set aside.
- Coat small dish or cast-iron pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange layer of potatoes in bottom of pan.
- Add small amount of mushroom mixture over potatoes.
- Place another layer of potatoes over mushrooms.
- Repeat layering process until pan is almost filled. Top final layer with remaining mushrooms.
- Pour reserved cream mixture over layered potatoes.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives. Place pan in hot oven.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Divide into 12 sections. Serve hot.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® sliced variety in this recipe.