Traditional Egg Drop Soup
Traditional egg drop soup with chicken stock, fresh ginger and green onions
- In medium stockpot, combine 4 cups chicken stock and ginger.
Bring to boil.
- In small bowl, combine 2 Tbs. chicken stock and cornstarch.
- When chicken stock boils, stir in cornstarch mixture until broth thickens slightly.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Bring stock to steady simmer.
- Slowly drizzle in eggs, allowing them to cook and feather. Briefly stir until eggs are cooked.
- To serve, ladle about 1 cup soup into bowl. Garnish with ½ chopped green onion. Serve hot.
- Serve alone or as a side dish to stir fry
- Serving suggestion: lunch or dinner