Thai Style Mashed
Bring the heat with this Thai-inspired side dish featuring lemongrass, ginger, garlic and spicy sambal chili.
- Heat the Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes per manufacturer’s instructions. Reserve.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add oil and sauté garlic, lemongrass, and ginger until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes. Add the rice vinegar, sambal chili paste, and salt and mix well.
- Stir sambal mixture into the hot potatoes. Top with green onions before serving.
- Increase the heat by amping up the sambal chili.
- Serve in a ramekin or other dish for a presentation that pops.
- Try any Simply Potatoes® mashed variety with this recipe.