Sweet Potato Muffins
Delicious sweet potato muffins with hints of cinnamon and allspice
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Choose muffin pans with 12 cups of 2” diameter. Grease 2 pans.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon and salt.
- In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, eggs, melted butter and milk. Blend well.
- Add flour mixture to sweet potato mixture; stir just enough to moisten dry ingredients. Stir in pecans.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Top with turbinado sugar
- Serve with cream cheese or honey butter
- Serve in place of corn bread with chili, stew or BBQ
- Daypart suggestion: Breakfast through dinner