Steakhouse Potato Cakes
Shredded hash browns come together with egg, flour, steak seasoning and parmesan cheese for a savory treat.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350˚F.
- In large bowl, combine hash browns, liquid eggs, flour, salt, Parmesan cheese and caramelized onions. Mix well.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions. Form each into 4-inch-diameter pancake. Let chill at least 10 minutes.
- Heat medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add potato cake. Sear about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Place cake in deep fryer. Cook about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from fryer. Drain and serve immediately.
- Serve with seasoned sour cream.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® shred variety with this recipe.