Spring Rolls - Japanese
Japanese-style spring rolls stuffed with hard cooked eggs,green onion, shiitake mushrooms and bean sprouts with teriyaki sauce.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Add shiitake mushrooms to teriyaki sauce mixture. Stir to coat well. Marinate 20 minutes.
- In medium sauté pan over moderate heat, heat vegetable oil.
- Drain mushrooms and add to pan. Sauté mushrooms 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat. Reserve.
- Assemble spring roll. Lay egg roll wrapper on flat surface.
- Layer sautéed mushrooms in center. Add green onions and hard cooked eggs. Top with bean sprouts.
- Brush edges of wrapper with liquid eggs. Tuck sides of wrapper over filling and roll forward to close.
- Place spring roll in hot fryer. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and hot in center. Remove from fryer. Drain and serve hot.
- Serve with wasabi mayonnaise for dipping
- Also try our Thai and American Southern variety