Southwest Egg Bowl
A high flavor breakfast, this southwest egg bowl features scrambled eggs, corn, peppers and red onions.
- Pour olive oil into hot sauté pan; add corn, green/red peppers and onion. Cook until onion is tender.
- Add black beans and chorizo sausage. Cook until mixture is hot.
- Add eggs and season with salt and pepper. Stir until eggs are cooked.
- Place tortilla bowl on dinner plate. Place hot egg mixture into tortilla bowl.
- Top egg mixture with shredded cheese, jalapeños and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- For a vegetarian option, replace chorizo sausage with 2 oz. pinto beans
- Serve with sour cream and salsa
- Daypart suggestion: Breakfast through dinner