South of the Border Lasagna
A spicy twist on traditional lasagna with scrambled eggs, red chile sauce, jalapeños and green peppers
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Slice 1 tortilla into quarters. In greased 6x6” square oven pan, place whole tortilla in center. Fill corners with tortilla quarters so the bottom is mostly covered.
- Sprinkle 0.50 oz. of cheese over tortillas.
- On top of cheese, place 4 egg patties, spacing ½” from edge and from each other.
- Drizzle 2 Tbs. chilé sauce over egg patties.
- Sprinkle green peppers and jalapeños over chilé sauce.
- Add another 1 oz. of cheese.
- Place remaining patties on top of cheese, aligned with bottom 4 egg patties.
- Top with black beans. Add remaining chilé sauce. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake approximately 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown on top.Remove from oven and cool.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Slice pan into quarters around egg patties.
- For one serving, remove one egg patty stack. Serve hot.
For additional flavor, include 1 lb. of cooked chorizo in the layers
Daypart suggestion: lunch or dinner