Potato Wild Rice Gratin
Layer sliced potatoes, cheese and cooked wild rice for a unique twist on potato gratin.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover the bottom of hotel pan with 2/3 cup cream.
- Shingle 1/4 of potato slices over cream, enough to cover bottom completely.
- Salt and pepper potatoes, then drizzle 2/3 cup heavy cream over potatoes.
- Evenly Sprinkle 2/3 cup cheese over potatoes.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cooked rice over potato mixture.
- Repeat this process for three more layers.
- Top final layer with remaining cheese; cover entire top.
- Cover pan with foil and place in hot oven. Bake covered 1 hour. Remove foil.
- Bake 30 minutes, or just until golden brown.
- Let cool in refrigerator/cooler.
- When cooled, cut into 10 square or triangle portions.
- Reheat in oven to order.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® sliced or hash brown variety with this recipe.