Pierogi dough is filled with a mixture of mashed potatoes, sour cream and cream cheese for a creamy center.
- Bring large pot of salted water to rolling boil.
- In medium bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese and farmer’s cheese. Mix to combine. Reserve.
- On floured surface, roll out pierogi dough to 1/8 ̋ thickness. With 3 1⁄2 ̋ round cutter, cut out circles.
- In small bowl, combine eggs and water. Mix well. With pastry brush, apply thin layer of egg wash around edge of circle.
- Drop 1 Tbs. potato mixture on pierogi circle. Fold in half, to create half-moon shape.
- Crimp edges of pierogi with fork to seal edges. Set aside. Repeat with remaining circles and filling. Place on sheet trays. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Place pierogi, one at a time, into boiling water. Simmer 3-5 minutes, or until they float. Remove and drain well.
- To prepare 1 serving, add 2 Tbs. butter or oil to nonstick skillet. Heat over medium heat.
- Add 4-5 pierogi to hot butter. Brown each side, approximately 2-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot immediately.
- Serve with a variety of dipping sauces.
- Great as an appetizer or signature side.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® mashed variety with this recipe.