Potato-Crusted Crab Cakes
Shredded hash browns, crabmeat, mayonnaise, and worcestershire sauce come together for delicious coastal treat.
- In medium bowl, combine crabmeat, liquid eggs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay® seasoning, dill and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 14 balls of about 1-oz. size. Place on sheet pan. Chill at least 1 hour, but no more than 1 day.
- Coat chilled balls in hash brown potatoes. Make sure potatoes stick to ball and cover completely. Wrap each ball tightly in plastic wrap. Chill at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350˚F.
- Place chilled potato-crusted balls in deep fryer. Cook 2-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from fryer. Drain and serve immediately.
- For another option, substitute crabmeat with lobster.
- Serve with a caper rémoulade or stone-ground mustard sauce.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® shred variety with this recipe.