Potato and Lentil Soup
Lentils and Vegetables are sautéed and blended to create a creamy, filling soup.
- In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, add the oil, onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Cook until lightly browned, stirring often, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the lentils, chicken stock, salt, and pepper to the pan. Reduce to low-medium heat, cover, and cook until lentils are tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Increase to medium-high heat, add the Simply Potatoes Homestyle Mashed and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- To serve, top 1 cup of soup with 1 ½ tsp crème fraiche, ¼ tsp chive, and 2 Tbsp shaved carrot.
- Try chickpeas, beans or other pulse proteins, too.
- Add other shaved veggies on top for bolder color.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® mashed variety with this recipe.