Pork Carnitas-Stuffed Tater Tots
Fresh avocado is mashed with pork, ranch, queso and cumin. This mixture is covered in shredded hash browns and fried until crispy and golden.
- In small bowl, combine mashed avocado, ranch dressing, cumin and lime juice. Mix well. Cover and reserve in refrigerator.
- In medium bowl, combine potatoes, liquid eggs and flour. Toss until potatoes are well coated.
- Using your hands, combine about 5 small pieces of pork carnitas with 2-3 crumbles of queso fresco. Form a small ball.
- Coat the small meat and cheese ball with about 3/4 oz of potato mixture. Pack tightly. Reserve on floured sheet pan.
- Repeat this process for all tots.
- Place tots in 375°F deep fryer. Fry about 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and drain.
- Serve hot with avocado ranch dressing for dipping.
- For another option, substitute pork carnitas with chorizo.
- Serve as an appetizer or side dish.