Parmesan Hassleback Potatoes
Pre-peeled whole potatoes makes this an easy side dish. Take a whole potato, slice and add bread crumbs, butter, and parmesan cheese for a classic take on hassleback potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In small bowl, combine Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, garlic and 2 Tbs. melted butter.
- Cut 18 ̋ thick slice from bottom of whole potato, lengthwise, so potato can lie flat.
- Place stacks of folded paper towels against long sides of potato.
- Cut 1⁄4 ̋ slices crosswise from top of potato, cutting down to paper towels, but not through potato. Paper towels prevent you from cutting all the way through potato. (You can substitute chopsticks instead of paper towels). Gently fan potato open. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture into slits between slices of the potatoes.
- Spoon remaining 11⁄2 Tbs. melted butter evenly over potatoes. Place on baking sheet. Cover.
- Place baking sheet in hot oven. Bake covered 15 minutes.
- Remove cover. Bake additional 15 minutes, or until tops are crispy and insides are soft. Remove from oven.
- Serve hot.
- For another option, sprinkle cooked, chopped bacon on top before serving.