Overstuffed Egg Calzone
A calzone stuffed with a fluffy vegetable and cheddar cheese frittata, hash brown potatoes and sausage gravy.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add oil and cook hash browns until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Split into 8 portions and reserve.
- Divide pizza dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into an 8'' round.
- On the bottom half of each piece of dough, layer with ¼ cup of gravy, 1 Fluffy Frittata, 2 Tbsp. of hash browns and 3 Tbsp. of cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together liquid whole egg and water and brush the edges of each calzone with egg wash.
- Fold over dough to create a calzone shape. Crimp edges with fork or fold edges until sealed.
- Place on parchment lined sheet tray and brush the top of each calzone with egg wash.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 10-14 minutes, or until calzones are golden brown.
- Lighten it up: skip the sausage gravy and add spinach, onion and mushrooms.
- Make meat lovers rejoice: add chopped bacon.
- Spice it up: add 1 Tb of Sriracha per 2 cups of sausage gravy.