Minnetonka Toffee Crunch Ice Cream
A delectable dessert of creamy German chocolate ice cream with crunchy Toffee candy bars and pecans.
- In saucepan, combine eggs, sugar and salt. Gradually add milk.
- Whisk in chocolate, and then add cream, coffee and vanilla. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160º F and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat.
- Fold in candy and nuts. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with crushed toffee candy bar pieces and chopped pecans.
- Daypart suggestion: lunch through late night.