Mexican Philly Omelet
This Mexican/Philly fusion omelet is filled with chorizo, caramelized onions, poblano peppers and chihuahua cheese sauce.
- In a non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the chorizo and sauté until brown and fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Divide chorizo equally between 8 heated omelets.
- Top each omelet with 1 Tbsp. of caramelized onions, 1 Tbsp. of roasted poblano peppers, and 2 Tbsp. of chihuahua cheese sauce.
- Fold omelet to close and serve.
- Cool things down with a dollop of sour cream or Mexican Crema.
- Spice things up with thinly sliced jalapeños—pickled or fresh.
- For a bit more Philly flair, tag out the chorizo for thinly sliced sirloin.