Mashed Potato Creme Brulee
Create this upscale mashed potato side dish as a way to stand out amongst competitors.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- In medium bowl, combine egg yolks and heavy cream. Whisk to combine. Add mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Grease six 5-oz. ramekins. Sprinkle 2 tsp. bacon in bottom of each ramekin. Top bacon pieces with 1 tsp. cheese and 1 1⁄2 tsp. green onions.
- Pour potato custard mixture into ramekins, leaving 1⁄2 inch from top on each.
- Place ramekins in pan of water and place in oven. Bake in water bath 34-36 minutes, or until just set. Remove from oven. Let rest 20-30 minutes.
- Before serving, spread 2 Tbs. cheese evenly over top of each ramekin.
- Place under broiler and cook 2-3 minutes, or until tops are browned. Remove from broiler.
- Garnish with 1⁄2 tsp. green onions and 1 tsp. bacon and serve immediately.
- Add roasted garlic, blue cheese, or white truffle oil to vary the flavor.
- For a vegetarian option, omit bacon.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® mashed variety with this recipe.