Littleneck Clams with Sliced Potatoes
Combine sliced potatoes with littleneck clams for a unique side dish that pairs well with any entrée. Serve with toasted bread for dipping.
- Heat oil in large heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, sliced green onions (whites only) and garlic.
- Sauté about 10 minutes, stirring often, until potatoes are tender.
- Add white wine. Cook about 3-4 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Add water. Cook 2-3 additional minutes.
- Add clams and green portion of green onions.
- Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, approximately 6-8 minutes, or until clams have popped open. Discard any clams that do not pop open.
- For one serving, ladle into bowl, with about 6 clams, about 1⁄4 cup broth and about 3-4 oz. potatoes.
- Serve with toasted bread for dipping.
- For another option, add 2 oz. smoked Spanish chorizo in pot before adding potatoes.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® sliced variety with this recipe.