Light & Healthy Poached Egg on Spinach & Sweet Potato Mash
Light & healthy poached egg on spinach and sweet potato hash really lets the flavors of its fresh ingredients shine
- Peel, trim, and slice sweet potatoes. Steam or boil sweet potatoes until cooked and place in a mixing bowl.
- Steam or wilt spinach. Squeeze spinach dry and add to sweet potatoes; add salt. Blend on pulse setting.
- Poach egg and place on paper towel before plating.
- Place 1/3 cup scoop of spinach and sweet potato mash on a serving plate. Using back of scoop, make an indentation in the mash where the egg will go.
- Place drained poached egg in indentation of heated spinach and sweet potato mash.
- Arrange 1/3 cup of pico de gallo or salsa on the serving plate. Place a pinch of taco seasoning on the center of the poached egg.