Kale and Potato Frittata
Please the health conscious with this frittata. Eggs are layered on top of a golden hash brown crust, kale and butternut squash are then added prior to baking in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Convection / 400°F Convention.
- In a 10” non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add ¼ cup of the oil and the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. Season with 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper and cook until crispy and golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan over high heat, add the remaining ¼ cup oil and sauté the kale until wilted, about 3 minutes. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the heavy cream and remaining 1 ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Top the hash brown potatoes with the kale, squash, and goat cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and cook over medium heat until the edges are set and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake until the center is set, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Add this creative concept to your all-day breakfast lineup.
- For a summer alternative, replace goat cheese with shredded fontina and squash with roasted zucchini and red peppers.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® shredded variety with this recipe.