Italian Egg Sub
A breakfast version of an Italian sub sandwich featuring egg, marinara sauce, cheese and giardiniera.
- Preheat broiler.
- Assemble sandwich on sheet pan. Slice open roll. Place heated egg patty on bottom of open roll.
- Cover egg patty with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over sauce.
- Cook sandwich about 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Remove from broiler.
- Finish sandwich with giardiniera.
- Close sandwich and serve immediately.
- Serve giardiniera on the side for flexibility with the spiciness
- Daypart suggestion: lunch or dinner